Thursday, March 29, 2012

In spite of refusal to give in, Jennie Garth failed to save her marriage


Single

Beverly Hills, 90210 franchise actress Jennie Garth is having a split with her husband “Twilight” actor Peter Facinelli, according to People Magazine. This 39 years old actress and director was unwilling to end the relationship 11 years (2001-2012) but failed. She at last opens up this new issue to People magazine about her recent split from soon-to-be ex-husband Peter Facinelli, who filed for divorce on Wednesday citing "irreconcilable differences."

When Peter Facinelli told Jennie Garth last fall that he wanted a divorce, she at first refused to give in.  "I was very resistant," she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive new interview. "I didn't want it to happen. It took me some time to come to peace with it"

The pair at last announced that they were ending their marriage two weeks ago. But Garth, who will soon star in the CMT reality show “Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country,” admits that career realities, such as watching Facinelli be intimate with other actresses onscreen, were tough for her to handle.

“There was jealousy over having to see your husband on screen with another woman,” she says. “It wasn’t always easy."

The 39-year-old, who turns 40 next week, also says that the pair tried therapy, only to watch their marriage continue to unravel. She adds that she still wishes Facinelli “had wanted to try harder, try again, try something else.”

According to People, the couple has asked for joint custody of their three daughters, Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5. Now, Garth is focusing on building a new life as a single mom.

“I can’t change it. I can’t be sad and stay in bed about it anymore. I have to move forward," she tells People. “I’m slowing finding my own voice again...There are days when it seems I got it all figured out and days when I lose sight. I just have to keep on my path.”

Married

Single again


No comments: