American singer, actress, film producer and director Barbra Joan Streisand, 69, is getting her new album "What Matters Most" released on August 23, 2011. In this album there are ten songs and the songs are written by her collaborators and friends Alan and Marilyn Bergman. In her life she has recorded 36 studio albums and almost all of them with Columbia Records. "What Matters Most" is also with collumbia production. The new album songs of this album are very much important as she achieved what she cherished to release an album of music with lyrics exclusively written by Alan and Marilyn Bergman couple. The two also wrote 51 other songs sung by Streisand.
She says that they “have a remarkable gift for expressing affairs of the heart. To give you some idea as to how much I admire their lyrics, I’ve already recorded 51 of their songs … and with this new collection it will be 63!”
The other albums released in this week are:
- Jay-Zand Kanye West's "Watch the Throne"
- Dave Stewart's "The Blackbird Diaries"
- Patti Smith's "Outside Society"
- Sunny Sweeney's "Concrete"
- Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks's "Mirror Traffic"
- Connie Smith's "Long Line of Heartaches" etc.